Work your brain muscle this summer. The Champaign PTA Council and UI Office of Volunteer programs are holding activity nights at the Champaign Library, 200 W Green St Champaign and the Douglass Community Center, 512 E Grove St Champaign. Each will begin at 6:30pm. The first half hour will be devoted to individual tutoring from UI students. From 7-8pm students will be split into groups for themed activities.

June 18- Literacy (read-a-thon forms due) @ Champaign Public Library

July 10th– Science @ Douglass Community Center

July 24th– Geography (read-a-thon books available for pick-up) @ Douglass Community Center

August 7th– Math (read-a-thon books available for pick-up) @ Champaign Public Library

Read-a-thon!

Reader’s Name: _____________________

School Name_________________________ Grade: _______Phone # ____________________
Email (for any questions we might have)_________________________

Total collected:$_______ (make check payable to Champaign PTA Council)

70% of pledges (this is the amount you get to spend) $________

Read-a-thon!

How it works:

1) Decide how many minutes you want to read from June 3 through 17th.

2) Collect sponsorships from family and friends.

3) Read!- Write down how many minutes you read each day.

3) Pick out the books you want from http://renesbookstore.com/

(You will get to spend 70% of the amount collected on books)

4) Turn in pledges and book order form at the first activity night on June 18.

5) Thank your sponsors!

6) Books will be available for pick-up at the Summer Activity Nights July 24th and August 7.

You will receive books of your choice with 70% of the money you collect! The other 30% will go back into the Unit 4 PTA Council’s Summer Reading Programming! Remember to pick out your books at http://renesbookstore.com/

Please contact Anna Simon at anna.c.simon3@gmail.com or Sheri Williamson at swlmsn79@gmail.com or 217-721-6540 with questions.

Summer Bridge books can still be ordered through the Barnes & Noble website. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

Unit 4 Summer Reading Program

Advertisements